Vacation Time and Pay Rules Across Canada
Your guide to understanding vacation time rules and calculating vacation pay – plus a model policy you can use right away!
What Will You Learn?
The guide will answer these essential vacation time and pay questions:
- How do employees earn the right to vacation time?
- When is earned vacation time required to be given to an employee?
- How does taking single vacation days affect the vacation time owing?
- What earnings must be included in the calculation of vacation pay?
- How do vacations affect other employment standards, such as overtime and statutory holidays?
- Who decides when vacation time is taken?
- Are certain employees exempt from vacation time and pay standards?
- And many more!
This easy-to-understand guide provides a thorough review of the minimum employment and labour standards related to employee vacation entitlements across Canada, including all provinces, territories and the federally regulated jurisdiction.
Also included in this guide are recommended HR and payroll best practices for managing vacation time and calculating vacation pay, plus an expert-prepared sample policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to fill out the requested form?
Is this really free?
Absolutely! Just sharing some free knowledge that we hope you’ll find useful. Keep us in mind next time you have questions!
A good start to reducing vacation accruals is downloading the Vacation Time and Pay Guide!
First Reference Inc provides practical resources for payroll and employment law, HR best practices and internal controls essential for workplace compliance.
Copyright © 1995 – 2023 First Reference Inc.