Health and safety and pandemic planning
- What are my health and safety obligations regarding COVID-19?
- Are we required to provide information about COVID-19 to our employees?
- Are we required to have an emergency preparedness or pandemic plan in place?
- Can an employee refuse to work because of fear of exposure to COVID-19?
- Do employers have to buy personal protective equipment for employees and can I refuse employees to wear masks?
- Should I report cases of Covid-19 and will workers be entitled to workers compensation benefits?
- Have Ministries of Labour or WCB across Canada issued guidelines to protect workers from COVID-19?
Employment/labour standards and HR management
- An employee has tested positive for COVID-19, What are my obligations?
- What about employees who have come into contact or been exposed outside of the workplace to COVID-19 or have travelled outside of Canada or are unconfirmed cases?
- Do I have to pay employees who are ill from COVID-19 or are in self-isolation?
- What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)? [updated July 8]
- Does Ontario have a new COVID-19 leave? [Updated May 19]
- Does Alberta have a new COVID-19 leave? [Updated June 26]
- Does Quebec have a COVID-19 leave?
- Does Saskatchewan have a COVID-19 leave?
- Does British Columbia have a COVID-19 leave?
- Does Prince Edward Island have a COVID-19 leave? [Updated June 18]
- Is having COVID-19 a disability under human rights legislation?
- My employees are making disparaging remarks against Asians because they blame COVID-19 on China. We are worried about our Asian employees. What can we do?
- Now that schools and daycares are closing, do I have to accommodate employees who need to stay home or make alternative arrangements?
- Many employees working remotely are trying to balance their employment and their childcare needs. Are employers required to accommodate those employees’ childcare needs?
- How does human rights law affect pandemic response and contingency planning?
- Can an employer put screening and testing measures in place such as taking an employee’s temperature to determine whether they might be infected?
- Privacy considerations
Corporate and individual tax and other matters
- What are the federal corporate and tax measures in place to help businesses? [Updated June 16]
- What are the federal tax and financial measures in place for individuals? [Updated July 8]
- What are the Quebec corporate and tax measures in place to help businesses?
- What are the Quebec financial and tax measures in place to help individuals?
- What are the key issues every organization should consider in the time of COVID-19?