Established in 1995, First Reference Inc. (known as La Référence in Quebec) provides Canadian organizations of any size with practical and authoritative resources to help ensure compliance with payroll and employment law and to establish robust internal controls in the areas of human resources, accounting and finance, corporate governance, information technology, not for profit, and operations and marketing.
Practical, reliable and easy-to-use resources
First Reference provides comprehensive, reliable and easy-to-use resources for Canadian businesses. With our products, employers, managers, executives, business-owners and others can:
- Find quick solutions to all their business needs, including human resources
- Access 1000s of sample policies, procedures, forms, checklists and more
- Build sound internal control and management systems for HR, finance and accounting, not for profit, information and technology, and operations and marketing
- Find just the right ready-to-use policies for their province
- Stay current and knowledgeable about responsibilities and obligations to minimize personnel problems and government fines and penalties
- Use the PolicyPro, Human Resources Advisor and PaySource online applications to better manage HR and payroll policies and practices for administrative, due diligence and records retention purposes
First Reference, in collaboration with specialists in human resources and internal controls, renowned authors and jurists, and reputable firms, offers businesses, high quality, innovative and practical services and resources, in print and electronic formats, to improve their management systems, productivity and effectiveness. We are also associated with various non-legal professional organizations, such as the Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (CPA Canada), Certified Human Resources Associations, the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) and others.