Understand the employee vacation time and vacation pay requirements under the Ontario Employment Standards Act
The employment standards requirements to provide employees with time away from work and earned vacation pay are complex. This 44-page guide helps you understand how employees earn and take vacation time, how employers may provide vacation pay, and the related employment standard requirements.
Inside the guide
- How employees earn the right to vacation time
- When vacation time that has been earned must be given to employees
- How taking single vacation days affects the vacation time owing
- The earnings which must be included in the calculation of vacation pay
- When vacation pay must be paid
- How vacations affect other employment standards, such as overtime and statutory holidays
- Which employees are not covered by the requirements described in this guide
- Sample vacation policy
Review the Table of Contents
Download and review a PDF of the Table of Contents to preview what's inside the guide.
Print ISSN: 1927-9396 Online ISSN: 1927-940X
*This guide is currently up to date. If a new edition or update of this guide is published within 60 days of your purchase, the PDF version of the up-to-date guide will automatically be emailed to you. Print copies are available at an additional charge.