Use the guide to answer these essential
- How do employees earn the right to vacation time?
- When is earned vacation time required to be given to an employee?
- How does taking single vacation days affect the vacation time owing?
- What earnings must be included in the calculation of vacation pay?
- How do vacations affect other employment standards, such as overtime and statutory holidays?
- Who decides when vacation time is taken?
- Are certain employees exempt from vacation time and pay standards?
Look inside the guide
Click here to preview the contents of Vacation Time and Pay Rules across Canada.
You'll find the latest legal requirements, best practices and tools you need
- How to calculate vacation pay
- Exempt employees
- How vacations affect stat holidays and overtime
- Record keeping
- Failure to comply
- How to implement an effective policy
- Payroll administration
- Sample vacation policy
- Frequently asked questions
- Where to find more information
Print ISSN: 1927-9396 Online ISSN: 1927-940X
*This guide is currently up to date. If a new edition or update of this guide is published within 60 days of your purchase, the PDF version of the up-to-date guide will automatically be emailed to you. Print copies are available at an additional charge.