Your subscription to PolicyPro also includes four Update Releases. These
Updates contain new or revised policies, software enhancements (if applicable) as well as the Inside Policies e-Newsletter.
A PolicyPro update can be delivered in one of two ways:
- Content-only update—This style of update will add any new policies to your Table of Contents
automatically the first time you open PolicyPro after the update has been posted.
Content-only updates do not need to be downloaded and installed.
Any new or revised policies will be highlighted in the Compliance area of the Resources Window and will be listed on the Start Page as well.
- Software update—This style of update contains updated software, e.g, a bug fix or enhanced functionality.
Software updates require an install package be downloaded and run.
Installing a PolicyPro Software Update
Updates are made available to active Trial Users and Subscribers. If a
software update is available, you
will be notified when you start PolicyPro
and have the opportunity to:
- Run or Save
- Install the update later. You will be prompted about the update each time you open PolicyPro until the update has been installed
To Install a Software Update
If there is a update available, you will be notified when you start PolicyPro.
- When the Updates Available notification appears, Click Yes to
close PolicyPro and be taken to the download page
- Click on the Download button.
- When the confirmation box appears,
- Run to install the software from the website
- Save to download a copy of the installation package to your PC. Select this option if you want to install the software later,
keep a backup copy or need to install the update on more than one PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions